Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back to Basics

Last night I made a decision to take my 13 year old daughter to the ER. She was experiencing rapid, shallow breathing (which was a big concern) and was running a moderate fever. She had had a cold for about a week now and this has been going on pretty consistently. The night before last she was vomitting mucus that had accumulated in her stomach and had passed out while doing so. Prior to my decision, I had called my dear friend, who is an RN, and her advice was to take her in immediately.

As soon as I had filled out all the necessary paperwork and she had gone through the usual routine of temp, bp and pulse checks we were settled into a room to await the doctor. He came after quite awhile (that was to be expected) and after a 30 second exam and a brief chat with her and I he prescribed cough syrup and nausea medication. I was perplexed. The reason for my visit was her abnormal breathing pattern. I left there more convinced than ever that I really need to become more confident in my own skills.

I have spent the last three years certifying in footzonology, facezonolgy and herbology. Ideally I would like to continue my education but family and time are a current obstacle. However, it is now clear that I need to hone in on the skills that I do have and put them to good use. My family, clients and friends could all benefit.

Up until very recently in the history of the world, people were healing and benefitting from the gifts of the earth. We have wonderful resources right at our fingertips and we, especially we here in the west, have slowly evolved into a people who depend on modern science to heal us. We seek after instant gratification. However, that instant gratification has a very high price tag attached to it. There are side effects to all of those medications that are so freely dispensed.

Herbs and plants do not have the side effects that we experience from pharmaceuticals. It does take a little time and patience to obtain the desired results but often the regimen is just a temporary visitor and then we are free. Free to live our life without pain or discomfort. Free from side effects and the dependence of drugs and more drugs.

The purpose of this blog is to dole out snipets of information that will hopefully help others in their search for a better, less expensive avenue to ultimate health. I love what I do and love to share. I love the challenge that is presented when someone wants to pick my brain about what is going on in their body. I invite all who read my blog to feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns or comments you may have.

To your good health, vitality and longevity!

No comments:

Post a Comment