Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Predators


I feel like I’ve just entered a fairy tale
As I’m trying to take in each detail
There’s splendor I’ve not realized before
As I journey along this forest floor

Before here, was dark in comparison
Lacking the luster of this location
A place that offered no reason to hope
Where my soul felt abandoned and alone

I’m so enamored I don’t consider
That there could possibly be danger here
Right on cue, my ego awakens
Feeding me that bull shit story again

“Proceed with caution, be very aware
There’s vipers and predators everywhere!
They can sense your insecurity and fear
Since you know you don’t deserve to be here”

But today I sense an intervention
I feel Spirit summons my attention
“Enough is enough, you make us weary
When you believe this destructive story!

“You entered life with a contract in place
Your memory of before was erased
Your desire was to experience
Low self-esteem, self-love and confidence

“From before your birth, you orchestrated
Who will star in this life you created
There were many willing to assist you
Providing you obstacles to work through

“Clearly, this was a challenging lesson
Since it has returned again and again
But life is a gift so don’t waste it
And start rising above all this bull shit

“Those predators and vipers you perceive
Only have power because you believe
That they’re stronger, more powerful than you
And their judgement determines what you do

“But look closer, see them for whom they are
Backup players to support you, the star
Thank them all for playing their roles so well
They were convincing, even to themselves”

I obeyed, one by one I thanked them each
For all their efforts in strengthening me
They worked hard using intimidation
Judgement, mockery and domination

Spirit whispers, “Now look at them once more
See if they appear the same as before”
I do and am alarmed at what I see
Their venom had little to do with me

By putting me down, it made them feel tall
Since, in their eyes, they see themselves as small
If I stayed distracted, I wouldn’t see
That they’re riddled with insecurity

What a messed-up cycle this has become
It’s time to state, “Let this lesson be done”
And now for practical application
I’m given this gift for graduation

I proceed through this forest, cautiously
More than aware of eyes looking at me
I tell myself, “There’s no reason to fear
For I, like them, deserve to pass through here”

Up ahead, I see dancing in the light,
Beautiful beings that gracefully glide
Theirs a gift I’d always admired
But one that my soul never acquired

I stayed in the shadows watching this scene
As musicians began surrounding me
On one side, athletes illuminated
Then singers and many more were highlighted

Then they all stopped as he walked toward me
I felt nervous sitting in this hot seat
He said, “Take a look at everyone here
And know they, too, have experienced fear”

I did, they all appeared so confident
I can’t fathom anything different
“They all arrived in this enchanted place
By overcoming doubts they also faced”

Their heads were all nodding in agreement
“Here they thrive without concern of judgement
Though the gifts you possess may not be theirs
They’re eager for you to join them and share”

They’d all returned to the passion of their souls
Since they believe it, they are beautiful
Their high vibration elevated me
I wanted to join in their reverie

I was handed a pen, began to write
As I, too, found myself in a spotlight
As my fear of other’s judgement withdrew
My ability and confidence grew

No comments:

Post a Comment