Thursday, October 29, 2009

Vegan Pumpkin Pie - Sugar Free!!

I found this pie recipe online and adapted it to accomodate my need to eliminate sugar from my life. Since I've just joined Weight Watchers (again) I calculated the points value and came up with 3-1/2 points per serving (based on each pie yielding 8 servings).

1 (16 oz) can plain pumpkin
1/4 cup blended tofu (measure after blending)
1 teaspoon stevia
1 Tablespoon molasses
2 Tb. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
2-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. allspice
3/4 tsp. cloves
1-1/2 cup evaporated soymilk (recipe follows)
2 9" pie crusts, regular dish (this is a big deal because I got deep dish and the filling got lost inside the pie crust)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Mix ingredients in order given, mix well
pour into shells and bake at 425 for 15 minutes
Reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake for another 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted int he center of pie comes out clean (I don't know about this because my knife certainly DID NOT come out clean but when the pie cooled it was perfect)

EVAPORATED SOYMILK

4 cups soymilk (I used vanilla soy)

Heat soymilk in a large pot over medium high heat. Bring to a low boil and allow to cook, stirring constantly, until reduced to 1-1/2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment