Sunday, November 13, 2011

Raw Chocolate Fudge

Holy mackeral! This was absolutely fabulous. I found this recipe while playing around with Pinterest (btw, if you haven't gotten on board with Pinterest, you haven't gotten on board!). There are several different sites that have this delicious easy dessert but I kind of adapted it to my liking. I brought this to a potluck last night and it went over really well. Several of my friends said that it reminded them of Andes Mints. Yum!!

2 VERY ripe bananas
1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup shredded raw coconut
about 6 drops peppermint extract
3 droppers full Sweet Leaf chocolate flavored stevia

Place all the ingredients in a Vitamix (or food processor) and blend them until they are smooth. Spread the mixture in a container (pie plate, 8 x 8, 11 x 14 etc) depending on how much you are making. This can set overnight in the refrigerator or for a quicker set it can be placed in the freezer for a couple of hours. It needs about 20 minutes to thaw before serving.

Optional: Cacao nibs or spearmint sprigs on top

Note: I tripled this recipe for the 11 x 14 pan that I brought to the potluck. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment