Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vegan Blondies

I was feeling a tidge bit domestic this Saturday and started frolicking around on my computer for great vegan desserts. I have discovered that my twins both have food sensitivites and am really striving to provide good tasting, healthy foods for them - no small task. However, I stumbled upon this recipe on a blogsite called "Chocolate Covered Katie". Catchy name and she's absolutely adorable. These blondies didn't last long. They were absolutely amazing (hence the reason they are featured here, lol).

(makes 15-20 squares)

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
heaping 1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar (I substituted Stevia here)
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup ground flax (20g)
1/4 cup peanut butter (my son has a pretty bad peanut allergy so we used almond butter)

optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth. Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil-lined) 8×8 pan. Bake for 38-40 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard. (Note: you can probably sub any white bean for the chickpeas)

No comments:

Post a Comment