Saturday, March 26, 2016

Downstream

“Gently down the stream”, is what the wise ones say,
To go through this life the optimal way.
“Go with the flow, be an easy rider,
Take a deep breath and resist the fighter.”

Flying down the rapids, I feel so free.
Enjoying what life has offered to me.
From out of nowhere comes your pleading call,
“Please, oh please be with me so I don’t fall.”

I come to the shore, the Rescue Ranger.
Not caring my freedom is now in danger.
You ask for my craft so you can have fun
Not thinking your thrill would hurt anyone.

My dreams of yesterday showed me today
That you would manipulate me this way.
I heed the warning, decline your request.
The nightmare averted, I know it’s best.

You’re mad and angry, screaming threats at me.
It’s all good.  We’re gonna be fine.  You’ll see.
My dreams, they show me ahead and then back.
I could come here and prevent your attack.

Who would have thought that the simple word, “no”
Would have kept us moving right with the flow?
Glad for the warning that came in the dream.
Our lives are bliss as we now head downstream.


                                           ..... Myjo

No comments:

Post a Comment