Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Real Deal

Assuming she had just been discarded
She stepped away keeping herself guarded
There was no way she wanted them to see
The damage just done to her self-esteem

“We don’t want you.  You will never fit in
Plus, you’re not good enough to be with him
If we had a clue that you would be here
There’s not a chance that we would have appeared”

She responded, “Fine, I’ll just step away”
The haters cheered, “Yes, we want it that way!”
So she stepped away and walked through the door
Listening, sadly, as their applause roared

She was stripped of her status, standing there
And realized she really didn’t care
She began making new plans in her head
Now opting for simplicity instead

I was observing this interaction
And was impressed with her calm reaction
Eventually I let myself be seen
Inviting her to take a trip with me

With nothing to lose, everything is gone
She said, “Sure, what the heck, I’ll come along”
She was hesitant going back inside
“Why must I do this?  I just want to hide!”

“They can’t see you in this high vibration
And you need to hear their conversation”
I convinced her as we slipped through the door
To visit this social nightmare once more

He’s standing up ready to bare his truth
She wanted to turn and flee from the room
I said, “Please listen you might be surprised
Things may be different than you realize”

“First, I love her unconditionally”
He began, “She’s the perfect one for me
All of you want me to be your puppet
I must perform when you sound your trumpet

“Now you’re standing here with your bribery
If I play your way, you’ll give me money
In my opinion, you’re not worth a damn
Living life simple, a much better plan

“As of this moment, you are all dismissed
Whatever you brought here will not be missed”
He came for her bringing only his truth
“The only one I belong with is you

“I want this adventure, just you and I
Living our simple easy going life”
She looked back at me, “Is this all for real?
I winked, “Damn straight, babe, this is the real deal”

                                                         Coco Moonbeam




No comments:

Post a Comment