Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Come Get Me

There was no question she knew it was right
And came with me in the blink of an eye
The question that was asked by her partner
She was no longer able to answer

We watched as he turned and ran to her side
It was too late, she had already died
She tried desperately to make him aware
But his mortal eyes couldn’t see her there

This was his journey, the path that he chose
To learn to trust that which he didn’t know
His friends stayed close as he mourned his lost love
As she, too, hovered with him from above

In this spiritual realm, none are the same
Though her body was dead, she asked to stay
She stayed with him while he raised their child
And cruised his dreams every once in awhile

After a time, he finally made peace
His anger with Spirit started to cease
He closed his eyes, said, “Sweetheart, are you there?
I miss you so and feel you everywhere!

“Our babe is grown, I believe I’m ready
To come home with you so please come get me”
I nodded consent and opened the gate
She smiled at me, “This is gonna be great!”

A man died in his sleep who’s seldom ill
He was found there, his body cold and still
While loved ones gather to mourn his death
Their reunion is the absolute best

                                                       Jody Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment