Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Possibilities

Feel the cool air on your shoulders and face
That’s Spirit reminding you to have faith
Now, it’s time to close your eyes and listen
Trust, allow, surrender, and be lifted”

I hear your instructions, I want to heed
Even though logic is frightening me
You’re here beside me, give the thumbs-up sign
Say, “Soften, trust, you’re going to be fine”

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this ride
That is not one single word of a lie
Memories of before start gearing up
“Remember when your faith wasn’t enough?”

Images flash of my repeated fails
Just when Spirit’s breeze was filling my sails,
My controlling mind frantically yelled, “Jump!”
Then into the nothingness, I was dumped

Suddenly, the cool breeze begins to blow
You see my resistance, you nudge, “Let go”
My mind asks to hitch hike this ride as well
You smile, “It’s fine if you can behave yourself”

Then magic like I’ve never seen before
I’m lifting beyond limitation’s door
I say to Spirit, “Have I passed away?
Because, If I have, it’s really okay”

Spirit is amused by my naivete
Assuring me that ship hasn’t sailed yet
This journey is available to me
When I trust in Spirit’s abilities

I am rising above all that makes sense
From my soul’s temporary residence
I look up ahead, I see where I’ve been
I look side to side from this space I’m in

Everything physical was slowing down
Including that high-pitched vibrating sound
That sound in my ears, that I’ve always heard
That it was Spirit, I’d thought was absurd

As my vibration was harmonizing
Spirit’s world was materializing
I looked at my world that was far below
I seemed to be moving slower than slow

My mind struggled to comprehend all this
But knew to keep quiet or get dismissed
It seemed I was watching a sci-fi show
As souls were appearing I’ve always known

Spirit smiled, “Yes, it would appear that way
Since you’ve reached the level where we vibrate”
We were allowed a brief celebration
Honoring this reunification

I was then taken to a quiet place
Where stacks upon stacks of thick files were laid
I looked at Spirit quizzically
“What do all these files have to do with me?”

I envisioned a clerical project
A tedious task I’d love to forget
I heard, “These files hold handed down beliefs
They’ve grown, in your mind, like unruly weeds

“These files have taken quite a bit of space
To create some room, they should be erased
We’ll leave you alone, take time to peruse
To retain or discard, it’s yours to choose”

Every file came to the same conclusion
Providing me this altered illusion:
There’s limits to the goodness I receive
Those I trust told me, therefore, I believe

When Spirit returned, my task was complete
I said, “None of these truths empower me!
But they’ve lived with me for such a long time
I’m frightened to let go, I don’t know why!”

Spirit said, “You’ll be fine, we’ll take it slow
Little by little, we’ll let it all go
Life’s quality will gradually improve
You’ll barely see it happening to you”

The time had come to return to my life
I slowly descended from Spirit’s light
I noticed the pace in this lower sphere
Accelerated substantially here

Though tempted to slip into my old groove
Recall nudges of what I just went through
I’m so much more than I’ve come to believe
My focus shifts to possibilities

                                                            Jody Nelson
                                                            August 28, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment