Thursday, April 28, 2016

Heaven Bound

My journey’s arrived at the final gate
The gatekeeper declares, “You need to wait!”
I look around to see who else is near
I’m pretty sure I deserve to be here

I took a peek through the gate and beyond
Then turned and said, “No, this is where I belong!”
The light was welcoming like before noon
“Massages” on a big sign in a gold room

I saw through a window, horses grazing
A sign by the door, “For the Horse Crazy”
Another sign said, “Yoga teacher needed”
Where yogis were practicing deep breathing

A desk was waiting with the perfect light
For someone like me who would love to write
Two leashes by the door for the dogs
It’s their heaven, too, and they love their walks

The food on the tables just blew my mind
Wine and chocolate and cheese of every kind
Everything here is what heaven would seem
I was sure heaven was ready for me

The gatekeeper gently pried me away
“This is your someday but it’s not today
You hit your head when you fell off you chair
Your body’s still alive so go back there!”


                                       Myjo

No comments:

Post a Comment