Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Whiskey

Gliding around this beautiful sphere
Imagination navigates as my thoughts steer
Embracing the peace I feel all around
I’m suddenly prompted, “You MUST go down!”

I halt my thoughts and do an about face
Receive my assignment then zip through space
Arriving here at a tavern bar
Spirit telling me, “this is where it starts”

Spirit’s showing me a man that’s gone home
A grieving woman sitting here alone
Drinking whiskey to kill the pain inside
Dark souls waiting, hoping to hitch a ride

She stood up fast then passed out on the ground
The dark souls were gathering all around
The fractured light was her soul’s submission
I pushed them aside and then I rushed in

I wrapped her in light, her soul surrendered
I knew my purpose was to defend her
The dark souls retreated, then they soon left
I stayed with her soul while her body slept.


                                      .....Myjo

No comments:

Post a Comment