Monday, June 26, 2017

Jump the Line

I’m waiting at the gate, traveling home
Lost deep in my thoughts and sitting alone
He came and sat in the seat next to mine
Then whispered, “Please help me, I’ve jumped the line!”

At first, I was in shock, wanted to yell
Assisting a crime will land me in jail
“Whatever you’ve done, please don’t involve me
I don’t want that responsibility”

When I had calmed, he started to explain
“I’m from a time much ahead of your day
I jumped the line on a curious whim
A friend was traveling, so I went with him

“The host he chose got into a big jam
They departed earth-life and here I am
This host I’m with has allowed me to speak
I was told, by others, you could help me”

Okay, not at all what I expected
Nor a task, at this moment, I wanted
“This place I come from, you already know
He said, “I’m acquainted with your friend, Vloe”

This gift of time travel, apparently,
It is uncommon and fairly unique
My friend was the one that made me aware
That we could travel between here and there

Vloe visits me from a much future time
And observes my world from deep in my mind
She reciprocates when I visit her
Fascinated by their world, that’s for sure

He said Vloe and him could communicate
They speak through thoughts, so I figured that way
He asked if there was a quieter room
So that I could allow Vloe to come through

“That’s not a problem, she’s already here”
Then I softened back so she could be clear
Our eyes were closed as my shoulder touched his
Apparently, it works better like this

They began their chatter with fast visuals
All over the place, nothing sequential
Then they arrived at a great solution
And sought approval from my direction

I gave it, I’m nervous, I will not lie
With two souls on board that have jumped the line
I stayed in the background, make myself breathe
Knowing Vloe would never try to hurt me

Quickly, the man gets up and walks away
Vloe and the line jumper begin to fade
I looked up, panicked, thought I missed my flight
And saw only five minutes had gone by

No comments:

Post a Comment