Tuesday, August 15, 2017

In the Meadow

The meadow beckoned me to come over
And linger in her carpet of flowers
I obliged, laid my tired body down
Barely aware of anything around

The midday sun was lighting up the sky
Then there’s nothingness as I close my eyes
My next awareness, everything is dark,
A babbling brook and a coyote’s bark

I close my eyes overwhelmed by fatigue
Allowing more sleep to overtake me
My next awareness, with no dream recall
Morning was overtaking the night fall

My body shifted as the world awoke
But Morpheus called me from her abode
That bright sun, again, pried my eyes awake
But tired me has had all she can take

I play by the rules, I beat myself up
No matter what I give, it’s not enough
I’m tired, I can’t do it anymore
I surrender my soul, here at death’s door

But wait, who is this I see emerging?
A random new energy that’s surging
Her light surrounds me, “I’ll take it from here”
She says, “go rest, you’ve got nothing to fear”

Tired me obliges, no resistance
And fades to a space of non-existence
Real me emerges, yawning and stretching
Alive with wonder while the sun’s setting

The crickets chirping and the babbling brook
I rise and venture out to take a look
Little cottontails scamper from my feet
In the distance, curious eyes on me

My senses are heightened, I feel alive
Everything, right here, feels perfectly right
I stay the night, watch the rising sun
Content with myself, don’t need anyone

I have no desire to wander back
To that world where tired me was attacked
Since she’s tucked away in oblivion
I’m sure this is how new me can begin

No comments:

Post a Comment