Friday, August 18, 2017

Everything

This dilapidated road just went on
Any hope for relief seemed to be gone
The ugly landscape with the blackened trees
Conveyed messages of despair to me

I keep going on, there had to be more
Like a gambler hoping for a big score
But the road, this darkness, kept taunting me,
“This is all there is, you’ll never be free!”

Is that a mirage I see up ahead?
I dare to allow my hope to be fed
A freshly paved road with landscape that’s lush
Just imagining this gives me a rush

I’ve been awarded with an awesome win
The road of darkness has come to an end
As I drive onto the pavement that’s smooth,
I’m rubbernecking at this gorgeous view

The forest, thick with foliage and trees
I roll down the window to smell the breeze
There’s mountains ahead, the ocean beyond
But right here, right now, is where I belong

I covered the mirror, not looking back
Gone from me, is the memory of that
My focus is neither looking ahead
I’m captivated by what’s here instead

I pull off the road, a trail beckons me
And hike to a lake surrounded by trees
I sit by the water’s edge, take it in
To feel this euphoric, must be a sin

I hike through trails the animals have made
With no clue how long, in this place, I’ve stayed
When Spirit signaled it was time to leave
I thanked the forest for nurturing me

I returned to the road, not driving far
The urge to stop made my excitement start
“Where am I going?” I wanted to know
“Could there be more magic you want to show?”

Again, I was led through the forest’s trail
I wanted to absorb every detail
The fragrance, the breeze, this cool mountain air
If heaven is on earth, I’m sure I’m there

I heard it up ahead, that rushing sound
I moved my feet quickly across the ground
And then, pure majesty came into view
Just stand there, awestruck, was all I could do

Water cascading from a ledge up high
Nothing could have prepared me for this sight
The pool, below, gently held out her hand
Offering space for the water to land

Though I felt so sure, I know it’s not real,
They paused, regarded me, like, “What’s her deal?”
Then, permission to approach, I presumed
When their most sacred ritual resumed

I did so with absolute reverence
This, I was sure, is Spirit’s residence
To demonstrate my respect, I disrobed
Vulnerability made itself known

I bow to Source, in complete submission
Prepared to receive my soul’s baptism
The ice-cold water takes my breath away
I want to retreat, but Spirit says, “Stay”

Slowly, my body is able to move
Gradually easing into a groove
Diving down deep in water, crystal clear
Never, have I imagined being here

I keep swimming, I’ve abandoned restraint
Responsibility has been detained
My exhausted body swims to a rock
Closing my eyes, I peacefully drift off

I know there’s so much beauty to explore
I’m content, now, I don’t need anymore
I don’t know what the next moment will bring
Here, in this moment, I have everything

No comments:

Post a Comment