Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Thoughts

I was sitting here in contemplation
On this mountain top’s high elevation
Consumed in a thought path that was my own
No clue, at all, that I wasn’t alone

His thoughts startled me from my reverie
Who is this soul I hadn’t before seen?
His thoughts seemed to be all over the place
With a look of frustration on his face

I watched him in quiet observation
I saw the root of his agitation
He was visiting this spiritual sphere
And had no idea how he got here

Spirit places me where I need to be
I could see what was being asked of me
I approached him, “I’m here to assist you
To help you understand what you can do”

My soul chuckled when he spoke with his mouth
“How I arrived here, I can’t figure out
I want to return to my busy life
I keep searching, but there’s no car to drive!”

Damn, I love it when Spirit entrusts me
This is going to be great fun, indeed
“First of all,” I said, “we speak with our thoughts
When you quiet your mouth, you’ll hear a lot”

He, then, looked at me incredulously
“I hear what you’re saying, how can this be?”
I said, “Now you try giving it a shot
Project your next message with just your thoughts”

His eyes closed, I heard, “Can you hear me now?”
I replied in kind, “I can!  Clear and loud!”
I told him, “When we interact this way
With any soul, you can communicate”

His next inquiry was a car to drive
I said, “Why would drive when you can fly?”
His eyes bugged out in complete disbelief
“I see your suggestion, no way, not me!


“When I jump from here, I’ll fall to my death
This is some trickery, on that I’ll bet”
“To earn your complete trust will take some time
You’re influenced by your logical mind

“To show Spirit’s boundless limitation
I’m here to give you a demonstration”
I stood tall, leaned forward, let myself fall
And was flying with no effort at all

Although I had no ambition to stop
I made my way back to the mountain top
He was amazed, “Holy shit!  You can fly!”
I replied, “Yes, now it’s your turn to try!”

I must be convincing, he stood up tall
With little coaxing, he let himself fall
His open mouth let out terrified screams
The physical world could hear through his dreams

I swooped in close, “You’ve got nothing to fear”
He looked over at me, “Thank God you’re here
Please stay beside me to keep me in flight
I can’t do this alone, I’m terrified!”

I moved in front, to his line of vision
To show, between us, there’s no connection
“This is all you, baby, you’re rocking it!”
Astonished, all he said was, “Holy shit!”

He started to relax, began to play
Following earth’s road grids to navigate
I let him travel, for a bit, like this
Before teaching him Spirit’s GPS

Watching him struggle, I said, finally,
“There’s a way to travel efficiently
That lands you quickly on your target spot
You’ll move more easily using your thoughts”

He stopped himself short, “What is this you say?
Is everything here powered in this way?”
It took me a few beats to understand
Then I remembered the logic of man

I stopped and hovered, “Okay, here’s the deal
You already know what I’ll now reveal
Earth is Spirit’s physical creation
Simply a spirit world replication

“Man, over time, has become arrogant
Forgetting the tool, with which we were sent
I won’t lie, your thoughts, friend, are everything
All things revolved around the way you think

I laughed, “Come with me, let’s experiment
We’ll see if we go where your thoughts are sent”
We arrived at his home, I knew we would
Beside his bed, watching him sleep, we stood

He thought, “How is this even possible?
I’m right here, yet there’s my body’s double”
“Again, I’m repeating what you know well
Your body, simply put, is your soul’s shell”

The time had come for his soul to return
As his waking body twisted and turned
He opened his eyes, “What a crazy dream!”
Unaware that he’s still staring at me

No comments:

Post a Comment