Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Here at the Crossroad

I’m slowly making my way down the street
Riding shotgun, the wisest part of me
I notice the portal, wide open
Beckoning me to come venture on in

Like I often do, I start to sit back
Why risk all this for an uncertain that?
Though I have dreams of a pretty great life
Fear of failure blinds me with its bright light

My wise high self is speaking real low
“Through that portal is where you want to go
The unknown, though scary, can be a thrill
You’ll never know if you choose to stay still

“Look over here at this slate that is clean
The cursor waiting to write out your dream
There are many awaiting your debut
They know you’ll deliver, you always do”

I stand at this crossroad, looking both ways
Do I go for it or just play it safe?
Then Spirit opens a vision to me
Of how each pathway could possibly be

Off to my left, I’m carrying a lot
Assuming, without this, I would be lost
But I’m not as strong as I used to be
A stranger comes and takes the load from me

Assuming they’re kind, giving assistance
I’m grateful and offer no resistance
In no time, I understand what I’ve lost
Everything’s gone while my soul pays the cost

To my right, a beautiful gypsy trail
I let myself absorb all this entails
There’s nothing to carry, everything’s here
Paved with colorful threads of peace and cheer

My physical self sees this as chaos
Structure, schedules and rules are found here not
Then I realize this appeals to me
This nomadic place, where I want to be

My wise self says, “Choose the way you will go
Be firm in your choice, since you can’t have both”
I feel my soul smile as I close my eyes
My decision made, I turn to the right

No comments:

Post a Comment