Saturday, February 11, 2012

Garlic Hummus

I found this recipe on "OhSheGlows" and I fell head over heels in love! I can't believe how amazing this is. I made a triple batch and went absolutely nuts eating my brains out.

2 cups cooked chickpeas, liquid reserved and set aside
1 t kosher salt, or to taste
2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup tahini
7-8 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 T reserved chickpea liquid (or water)
4-8 drops of Tabasco sauce, to taste
Olive oil, for drizzling
Paprika, for garnish

Place all ingredients into a food processor (except the salt) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Now add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go.

Scoop into a bowl and drizzle with a good quality olive oil and garnish with paprika. Makes about 2 cups and lasts for about 4-5 days in the fridge in a sealed container. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment