Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stop Wearing Shoes Indoors

Really? Well, I actually DON'T wear shoes much of the time anyway but that's the hippie girl coming out in me. So, when I was up in Montana and found this article, I was more thrilled than thrilled. It actually gave a really good reason for people to do what I already do. Go me! So . . . .here goes:

STOP WEARING SHOES INDOORS:

Your shoes don't just track dirt into the house, they also track in countless germs, as well as pesticides, smoke and toxins, dust mites, and allergens. One study from the University of Arizona found that the outsides of our shoes contain an average of 421,000 bacteria. So kick them off at the door.

So . . . there you have it. Take your shoes off. Leave them in the mud room, or in a basket just inside your door but DON'T track that crap into the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment