Sunday, February 19, 2012

Raw Vegan "Meatloaf"

I got this recipe when I was up in Montana at school. It's actually one of my absolute faves. Funny story . . . Danielle saw me making this up and she indicated how disgusting it looked to her. When it was prepared, she took a "girl scout" bite and declared, "OMG! This is amazing!" So there you have it!

Up there in Montana, at my school, they don't EVER use exact measurements so I've kind of had to fudge it. Just play with it so that it fits your taste.

Rutabaga, turnip, beet, carrot or any root you enjoy
2 avacados
about 1-2 cups Buppies sauerkraut
2-3 cloves crushed garlic
Sliced cabbage

Slice one of the avacadoes on a plate. Put the other avacado, root, sauerkraut and garlic in a food processor. Process until it's a bit chunky but not smooth and runny. Place on top of the avacado and shape like a meat loaf. Surround the outside of the loaf or even over the top with the cabbage. Serve with your choice of dressing. I'll put a recipe for a good dressing on here soon.

1 comment:

  1. OK, Jody, so you're vegan now. I need recipes for fighting live cancer!!! I'm so excited to know what you're doing now!!!Yoga and a vegan chef?!?!?!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete